Alaska, for a state of sparse population, limited development and of vast size, has an extensive web cam network. Moreover, many of these cameras provide for some absolutely stunning views of Alaska - at least if you catch them at the right time. The cameras listed on this page cover virtually every web cam I've been able to locate in Alaska, and are listed either by their location, who owns them or their scenic value.
Know of a good cam not listed? Or is a cam not working? If so, please contact me and let me know.
Last Update : 11/8/14
Alaska Web Cam Categories
Scenic Alaska Cams
These Alaska web cams show some of the most scenic spots around Alaska, depending on the changeable weather.
- Mt. McKinley/Denali Cam (summer only)
- Mt. Redoubt Cam / Cam 2 / Cam 3
- Augustine Island
- All Alaska Volcano Cams
- Mt. Susitna
- Denali from Talkeetna Air Taxi
- Denali from Rust's Flying Service
- Alaska Air Men's Lake HoodCam
- Chugach Mountain Cam near Anchorage
- Denali Visitor Center
- Alaska Railroad Depot in Denali
- Hallo Bay - Homer
Scenic FAA Cams
Note, in a move that only government bureaucrats can understand, the FAA has started to "expire" the links to their individual cams about every 3-4 months. When this happens, you can go to this page and then use the list below to pick out which cams to view until I'm able to update the links on the site. FAA links below updated on 12/8/13.
These web cams focus on Anchorage, AK, showing the city from various vantage points.
Alaska Weather & Alaska Road Cams
These cameras are provided by the FAA. They show a mix of scenic and not-so-scenic views from all corners of Alaska. These web cams are mainly meant to show the weather in various places of Alaska for Alaskan pilots.
Other Alaska Web Cams
Other Alaska webcam views from around the state. Some are sort of scenic in their own way, too. Some of these cams are also part of the FAA weather cam network.
- The HAARP Cam #1 / HAARP Cam #2
- Alaska Climate Research Center Web Cam in Fairbanks, AK
- Alaskan "Red Squirrel" Web Cam in North Pole, AK
- Barrow, AK, Web Cam (not working)
- Barrow, AK, Sea Ice Web Cam
- Big Lake & Talkeetna Mountains
- Coldbay, AK
- Cordova, Alaska - Harbor and Ski Hill
- Department of Motor Vehicles "Line Cam"
Travel Alaska - Official visitors site for the State of Alaska.
State of Alaska - Official site of the State.
Alaska Travel & Reference Books
There's a myriad of Alaska travel books available. But this list is a good place to start so you don't forget to take the most important books for a trip to Land of the Midnight Sun. All available through Amazon.